Have you ever thought about starting your own business, or wondered if you could create a job for yourself?
ReachUp! North is a 1-month (full time) or 2-month (part time) program that empowers Indigenous youth with essential technology and entrepreneurship skills. ReachUp! North participants have the opportunity to work with Indigenous youth leaders to develop skills and build networks to help achieve their career goals.
The program will integrate traditional cultural practices as it covers:
- Identifying your strengths, skills and passions
- Love your computer
- Cultural identity
- Developing your personal and professional vision
- Clan systems
- Mapping your assets
- The opportunity marketplace
- Computers for design
- Computers for presentations
- Planning your mission
- Your computer as a goal manager
- Conducting research
- Your computer as a research library
- Informational interviews
- Finding and keeping customers
- Communicating your offer
- Professional documents
- Business resources and functions
- Managing people
- Saving for your vision
- Your computer as a money manager
- Challenges to saving
- Action planning
- Financial services
- Your own vs. borrowed money
Who can participate?
ReachUp! North is led by Indigenous youth and has been created for Indigenous youth -- we're looking for motivated First Nations, Métis, and Inuit young people between the ages of 15-30 who can commit 3 days a week to participating in the program.
Where will the program take place?
The program will take place at three locations in the Ottawa area:
- Odawa Native Friendship Centre (250 City Centre Ave, in Hintonburg/Little Italy area),
- YouthZone (370 Catherine Street, in Centretown/Glebe area)
- Rideau High School (815 St Laurent Blvd, in Vanier area)
How do I join ReachUp! North?
Just complete the short application form below, and someone from A7G will be in touch to get more information about your availability.